Translate

Friday 27 February 2015

Let It Go - Frozen - Idina Menzel

So. Unless you've been hiding......well I don't think there's anywhere you could have escaped the Frozen fever that gripped the world and still holds a tight grip on us.

Let It Go - Idina Menzel (Frozen)

The original version is stunning and I think just about everyone knows the lyrics - I know my whole family does, even my Nan that hasn't even seen the film (I know - my son is horrified by that fact too).

Idina (and the writers) have given us a song that's joined a long list of unforgettable Disney anthems. However I know I'm not alone in trawling YouTube for the numerous covers that have been done. There are dozens of them, with millions of hits on most of them - and I'm totally addicted to them.

This sort of classifies of a Song On Repeat even if it's by different artists.

You'll most likely have your own favourite cover(s) but I'm going to list a few of mine in no particular order. Please go check out these amazing singers if you haven't already heard their renditions.

Jannina put a slight spin on the song and really makes it her own. She has other vids on YouTube that are well worth watching as well.

Caleb Hyles - oh my god. How this man is not on Broadway I'll never know. He has a powerful voice and is an amazing singer. Caleb's version is exactly what you would expect if Elsa had been a guy. He has other Disney song covers on his channel and some other amazing songs as well.
I'm gushing about him a bit but I don't care. Seriously. Check him out already.

Alex Boye gives an Africanised version featuring the One Voice Children's Choir and with Lexi Walker doing main vocals. Lexi has a strong and beautiful voice and she fits perfectly with the choral backing. The video is nice to watch as well - Alex really puts a lot into his vids.

There are others that I also love but these three are my top ones. Check them out and see if you love them just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment